JOB TITLE: PR & Marketing Role
Salaried with statutory annual holiday + Public holiday entitlement pro-rata depending on agreed working hours.
Statutory sickness and maternity/paternity if applicable.
HOURS: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 (40 hours) including paid ½ hour lunch break
JOB PURPOSE: To offer a proactive PR and Marketing strategy for the Evelyn Glennie brand, ensuring all business objectives are met and to capitalise on all PR and Marketing opportunities. Implementation and delivery will be according to an agreed, systematic approach across multiple physical and electronic platforms, including print media, social networking services and direct contact with clients. Expected outcomes include posters, press releases, electronic newsletters, social media campaigns and elements for use on www.evelyn.co.uk, which has an international reach.
REPORT TO: Evelyn Glennie
|Relevant Skills||· Excellent command of the English language
· Excellent communicator
· Highly computer literate and familiar with common web tools (including Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, MailChimp, WordPress and Woo Commerce)
· Highly proficient with Photoshop and/or other graphic editing/ desktop publishing programs
· Able to identify, extract, analyse and act on relevant data, especially audience analytics and provide input based on SEO.
|· Able to understand a language other than English|
|Education/training||· Media, Communication and Music studies.||· Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant subject|
|Knowledge||· A good understanding of factors affecting the promotion of a global business operation
|· Knowledge of the arts sector and the music industry
· Able to provide evidence of salient contacts in the entertainment and marketing industry.
|Experience||· A demonstrable portfolio of existing work covering print and web media||· Experience writing high quality copy and press releases.|
|Other||· Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Good at handling multiple deadlines and able to work to deadlines
· Interested in taking up a career in a dual-role position with a small international company
· Must have good visible diarised time management skills and able to take ownership of the role within an agreed timescale.
· Able to take salient and useful photographs of some guests for use on social media and website.
· Actively seek out opportunities to place our merchandise at events.
· Liaise with venues on merchandising opportunities and commissions required.
· Organise outgoing merchandise
|· Confident and outgoing
· Visible diary management
The suitability of candidates will be determined by a combination of their CV, interview and good references from previous clients, employers and/or educational institutions
1. Up-to-date knowledge of the Internet and social networking platforms.
2. Able to communicate and agree plans and actions with team.
3. Able to discuss projects and seek approval for implementation as appropriate.
4. Able to demonstrate well written, clear and precise formatting of communications.
5. Able to create salient, pertinent advertising flyers, posters, leaflets.
6. Assist with creation and collective invitation of blogs from both Evelyn and invited Guest Bloggers.
Business links and relations:
1. Able to demonstrate clear and fruitful business connections
2. Able to demonstrate major increase of contacts within the media, press & associated organisations
3. Able to demonstrate quality interaction with contacts and clients.
4. Able to process relevant information and apply an appropriate interpretation to the needs of the business as well as forging business opportunities where possible.
5. Respond to all general enquiries including fan mail and students seeking advice and guidance about Evelyn Glennie.
6. Ensure all contracted promotional information on reviews, recorded material etc. are received within 3 months of each event and provide evidence of procuring materials on a month by month basis.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake any other duties appropriate to the post in accordance with business needs, which may develop over time.
To apply for this job, please send your CV and Covering Letter to Lee at my office: firstname.lastname@example.org